Intercity Transit’s Walk N Roll program partners with schools and community organizations to offer activities that educate and encourage youth to walk, bike, roll and take the bus for transportation. The Walk N Roll program strives to create a healthier, safer and more active community.
Walk N Roll offers a variety of educational and outreach activities:
- Walk N Roll to School Days encourage youth and their families to walk or bike to school. The Walk N Roll program provides schools with the tools and coordination to make their events successful. We also help schools celebrate National Bike and Walk to School Days.
- Youth Walk Challenge encourages youth to stay active, practice pedestrian safety skills during the month of October.
- Safe Streets Ambassador program asks drivers to take a pledge and commit to making roads safer for pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Class Pass helps schools and youth organizations with field trip transportation on our regularly scheduled buses.
- Rolling Classroom field trips teach youth about public transit and give them a positive bus riding experience.
- Bike Rodeos teach youth real world skills through fun games, obstacles and activities to prepare them to ride a bike safely. Intercity Transit helps schools and community partners organize bike rodeo events.
- Traffic Gardens are miniature streetscapes that provide youth a safe and realistic place to practice bicycle and pedestrian safety skills.
- Earn-A-Bike classes teach youth basic bicycle safety and maintenance skills. Upon completion of the class, students earn a refurbished bicycle.
- Walk N Roll Bike Shop is where volunteers refurbish donated bikes for the youth in our education programs. We accept bike donations from community members
- Walk N Roll Yard Signs encourage drivers to slow down, improving the safety for people walking and rolling in our community.
- Volunteer with Walk N Roll - learn about volunteer opportunities and submit an online volunteer application.
Contact us at Walknroll@intercitytransit.com or 360-705-5855