Beginning on Nov. 6, NPM Construction Co., will begin construction of the last phase of planned site improvements at the Olympia Transit Center (OTC) site, adjacent to Olympia Avenue and Washington Street.
Site improvements include:
- Replacing curb and sidewalk.
- Replacing ramps with ADA-compliant ramps.
- Replacing red concrete pavers with concrete.
- Refreshing all of the pavement markings.
Construction is anticipated to be completed in early 2024, weather permitting.
What to Expect During Construction
Typical construction hours are weekdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pedestrians and riders can expect sidewalk closures. Riders who access services at the Olympia Transit Center should be aware of the potential for temporary closures and pedestrian detours, pay attention to posted notices, and plan additional time to reach their bus bays. Construction is not anticipated to impact bus arrivals and transfers occurring at the Olympia Transit Center.
During construction, pedestrians and motorists may also notice:
- Noise, dust, and debris.
- Occasional lane closures.
- Potential impacts to traffic flow.
- Large truck and equipment activity.
Contact Tammy Ferris, Procurement Coordinator, at 360-705-5818 or email email@example.com.