What is Bus Travel training?
It's a free one-on-one Bus Travel Training for people who want to learn to travel independently on our regular bus system.
What are the Benefits?
Riding transit can bring you increased independence, supports an active lifestyle, reduces traffic congestion, helps protect the environment, and provides greater access to your community. The Travel Training program goal is to enhance your life by making it easy as possible to travel on transit.
Who is Eligible?
Travel Training is for anyone, any age and ability, who is interested in riding our regular buses. It is also available for learning how to use Dial-A-Lift services.
What is the Process?
Training begins with one-on-one instructor assistance. Step by step, you will learn how to get where you need to go independently using transit.
What does the Training Include?
Each training program is individually tailored to your needs and will help you learn how to:
- Plan your trip,
- Ride specific routes,
- Read and understand route maps and schedules,
- Get to and from your bus stop,
- Recognize bus numbers, bus stops, and landmarks,
- Pay fares and purchase passes,
- Get on and off the bus safely,
- Use the lift to board with a mobility device,
- Position your mobility device in the bus,
- Locate and transfer to other buses,
- Get service information, and
- Travel independently and confidently riding the bus.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com