Walk N Roll to School Days encourage youth and their families to walk or bike to school. The Intercity Transit Walk N Roll program helps participating schools with event coordination and provides each school with a tool kit to support their walking and biking events. Check the 2023-2024 Walk N Roll to School schedule to see if your school is participating.
Walk N Roll to School Tool Kits include:
- Promotional posters and signage
- Reflective vests
- Prizes for student participants
- Printed copies of School Walking Maps (for the schools with a map)
Walk N Roll supports schools by:
- Inviting community members (police, firefighters, public officials, etc.)
- Promoting Walk N Roll to School Days at school events
- Sharing information on social media
- Sending reminders to school staff
- Providing schools with promotional announcements and newsletter entries
Why Walk N Roll to School?
- Reduce traffic congestion around your school
- Improve air quality by reducing the number of cars
- Promote physical activity among students and their families
- Build a stronger community around your school
International Walk to School Day
International Walk to School day is celebrated every October. Intercity Transit helps schools organize an event by providing prizes and posters. Schools promote the event, hand out prizes to students, and count the number of participants.
National Bike to School Day
National Bike to School day is celebrated every May. Intercity Transit helps schools organize an event by providing prizes and posters. Schools promote the event, hand out prizes to students, and count the number of bikes on the rack.
Who can participate?
Elementary, middle, and highs schools in Tumwater, Lacey, Olympia, and Yelm School Districts.
How to sign-up
Send an email to our Youth Education Specialist Kerri Wilson at email@example.com or call 360-705-5855.
School Walking Route Maps