Become a Safe Streets Ambassador (formerly Pace Car Pledge) and join other Thurston County drivers in making our roads safer for people walking and biking.
What is a Safe Streets Ambassador?
Safe Streets Ambassadors commit to making our roads and school zones safer for people walking and biking. Safer streets encourage more people to bike and walk, which reduces the number of cars on the road, making our streets even safer.
How do I become a Safe Streets Ambassador?
Take the Safe Streets Ambassador pledge by filling out the form to the right. After you submit your pledge, we will send you a magnet in the mail. Put the magnet on your car to help remind you of your commitment. You must live in Washington State to participate.
Become a Safe Streets Ambassador and pledge to always:
- Drive the speed limit and obey traffic laws.
- Avoid distractions.
- Be cautious and aware near schools and around children.
- Always drive sober.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Share the road with bicyclists and give at least three feet of space when passing.
Recruit others to become Safe Streets Ambassadors
There are several ways you can help spread the word and recruit others to become Safe Streets Ambassadors.
- Invite us to table at your community or school event.
- Invite us to share information at your school’s parent meeting or neighborhood association meeting.
- Display Safe Streets Ambassador brochures/posters at your school or business.
- Share information on your school or organizations social media page and newsletter.
Kerri Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-705-5855